The ONE Nurse Breastfeeding Moms Must Request to See
Breastfeeding is proven to provide the ideal nutrition for newborns. It’s easier for newborns to digest, boosts their immune systems and provides a wonderful time for bonding with mom. It also offers benefits for you – breastfeeding burns extra calories per day helping you lose baby weight faster, and it may help reduce the risk of breast cancer.
While breastfeeding is nature’s way of providing food and bonding for your baby, most new moms have questions and benefit from breastfeeding instruction and support. Like any new skill, breastfeeding takes patience and time – but don’t worry, you and your baby already have everything you need to successfully breastfeed. While in the hospital you will be given a myriad of tips and advice. Although it may be coming from a very sincere place, this is the nurse you should stack all your chips on to guarantee you won't be misguided.
Hospitals that are Baby Friendly and listed as Baby Friendly have taken the steps outlined and are recognized by Baby Friendly USA
- Have a written breastfeeding policy that is routinely communicated to all health care staff.
- Train all health care staff in the skills necessary to implement this policy.
- Inform all pregnant women about the benefits and management of breastfeeding.
- Help mothers initiate breastfeeding within one hour of birth.
- Show mothers how to breastfeed and how to maintain lactation, even if they are separated from their infants.
- Give infants no food or drink other than breast-milk, unless medically indicated.
- Practice rooming in - allow mothers and infants to remain together 24 hours a day.
- Encourage breastfeeding on demand.
- Give no pacifiers or artificial nipples to breastfeeding infants.
- Foster the establishment of breastfeeding support groups and refer mothers to them on discharge from the hospital or birth center
P.S. Has this video been helpful to you? If so, I invite you to take advantage of my training series. From Your Belly to Breast.
It’s available now, over 3 hours of training and one-on-one interrogations with career women just like yourself available for just one simple price. It’s a $297 value, yours today for $47. That’s my way of saying Thank You for believing in me and supporting this movement. If you’re interested, click here >> http://bit.ly/B2BJoin to get instant access. HURRY before it’s too late. Don’t forget to share this information with someone you know and love.